the music of Dax Riggs and more

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ThyDemise

PostSubject: Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie   Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:32 pm

new album, pretty decent. took a few spins to really get into it but overall, pretty much what youd expect.
Back to top Go down
liatm

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie   Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:47 pm

Went to visit their Myspace to hear what's it all about - I think I like them. bounce
I'll look into it tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
Admin
aka Thy Demise

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie   Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:20 pm

easily one of my favorite bands. they have plenty of better material than the new album. this is one of my fav songs

Back to top Go down
liatm

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie   Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:10 am

That's a good song. I got the weekend to explore some more.

'Brother' is stuck on my head now dance

Thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
liatm

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie   Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:26 am

I was listening to random songs on Youtube, then try listening to 'Good Morning Magpie'. At first it was a bit odd. The best way I can describe it is that it sounds like different band. But on the second listening it got better.

I put it aside for a while , now I'm listening to 'Who Will Survive, and What Will Be Left of Them', which I can describe as WOW! I don't want to skip so quick to 'In Bocca al Lupo' it seems like there's a lot to digest in the 2 albums I've listen so far.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie   Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:30 am

I'm gonna check those out too. That vid is mint. I really like it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
aka Thy Demise

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie   Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:32 am

there is quite a bit of difference between the first two albums, and the recent three. in boca was the start of the new sound, red tooth and gmmp are both similar to that. it took me a while to get used to in boca cuz of how much i loved who will survive, but now its one of my favs. shiola, the big sleep, brother..so many great tunes. to me good morning sounds rushed and it was also their first album that wasnt a concept album. the singer took a notepad and a guitar into the woods for two weeks alone and wrote the whole thing there i guess. then came back and not long after the album was done. i dont know how long it took for the other ones, but that is fast, could explain why it sounds rushed to me. shrug

speaking of mbd. the last time we saw them it was someones birthday and they brought out cake and plates and handed it out through the crowd, it was great lol
Back to top Go down
liatm

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie   Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:51 am

I love 'brother'. I can't wait to hear 'In Bocca al Lupo', but I got patient.

2 weeks!? What sounds weird. I wonder if they had the backbone (basic tunes), and only needed to add the lyrics. Do you thing the record company pointed a gun to their head?

I did noticed that there was no concept. At first I thought someone throw a bunch of songs to one folder and title it 'good morning magpie'. There were some songs where I searched the web just to make sure they really belongs to the album. ouch

The cake thing sounds awesome - I love bands with a heart.
Back to top Go down
Admin
aka Thy Demise

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie   Sat May 01, 2010 5:20 pm

Doomchild wrote:
I'm gonna check those out too. That vid is mint. I really like it.

May 25 – Cologne, Germany @ Gebaude 9 thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie   Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:49 am

Oh, bloody shite. I didn't see that. cuss
Back to top Go down
devils
rock n' roll nigger

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie   Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:23 pm

i love that video posted!! what album is that off of? will have to look into some more.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie   Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:35 pm

It's from "Who Will Survive And What Will Be Left Of Them?"

Really good disc. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
liatm

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie   Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:10 pm

I had a Murder by Death marathon this week. Listened to the 4 albums I got back to back.
That was thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie   

Back to top Go down

Murder by Death - Good Morning Magpie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1