the music of Dax Riggs and more

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hatedheretic

PostSubject: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:14 am

Swedish band with classic 60-70s rock sound; kind of a Janis/Jefferson Airplane vibe..
their early EPs are killer compared to the full lengths if you ask me; im not completely sold on the new one yet (back up vocals to death  :| ), but the "classics" are something else!

this one...if anyone can't dig this...i just can't comprehend it. .

from newest release (2nd full length)

my fave from their first official album
Back to top Go down
Supernaut

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:27 am

Been meaning to check them out, thank you for the reminder.
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:08 am

Never could get into them. They're all the rage in certain circles. I find them uninspired and boring. shrug
Back to top Go down
hatedheretic

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:13 am

Doomchild wrote:
Never could get into them. They're all the rage in certain circles. I find them uninspired and boring. shrug

like i said, their EPs have something that the full lengths just haven't seemed to replicate.. once they signed to NB it seems to have hurt their development.......unless you didn't even like the EPs, then i'll just fuck off no
Back to top Go down
Doomchild
the janitor

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:00 pm

Yeah, no, I meant all of it. lol I'll just pop in some Devil's Blood, and I'm good for a while. :D I'll see myself out.
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:17 pm

I don't care for it either, but don't let that ruin your enjoyment. I heart
Sweden puts out some good stuff. horns
Back to top Go down
hatedheretic

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:53 pm

tough crowd. .
Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:45 pm

Sorry puppy dog eyes
Back to top Go down
Supernaut

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:51 pm

hatedheretic wrote:
tough crowd. .

Back to top Go down
Knife Fight

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:08 pm

My diazepams are blue
Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:57 pm

hatedheretic wrote:
tough crowd. .

That band is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in their rambling, incoherent musical output were they even close to anything that could be considered a rational song. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

Back to top Go down
beautiful downgrade
The bee is me

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:25 pm

rofl
Back to top Go down
hatedheretic

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:18 pm

douse wrote:
hatedheretic wrote:
tough crowd. .

That band is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in their rambling, incoherent musical output were they even close to anything that could be considered a rational song. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul

Back to top Go down
douse
shitty titties

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:42 pm

:P
Back to top Go down
Supernaut

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:34 pm

Blue Pills is more divisive than politics and religion.
Back to top Go down
hatedheretic

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:56 am

lol yes
Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:05 pm

Yes I love Blues Pills!!! horns  They've been of my favorite bands for awhile now.  Elin Larrson is an unbelievably good singer, one of my favorites.  I loved all of their EP's and the first album, their second album took some time to grow on me and I don't think it's as good as their fist but it's still really good and I love it.

I just hope their is more guitar work on their next album because Dorrian is way too good of a guitarist for there not to be.

Hey hatedheretic if you like Blues Pills check out a band called "Psychedelic Witchcraft," they're from Italy and they kick ass.  Fuzzy guitar throwback sound and they have a really talented female singer.

Back to top Go down
hatedheretic

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:19 am

cosmicfreakout wrote:
Hey hatedheretic if you like Blues Pills check out a band called "Psychedelic Witchcraft," they're from Italy and they kick ass.  Fuzzy guitar throwback sound and they have a really talented female singer.

cheers

will do!

at least someone has some good taste around here. ..

Back to top Go down
cosmicfreakout
keep on climbin'

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:42 am

hatedheretic wrote:

cheers

will do!

Cheers mate. beer
Back to top Go down
hatedheretic

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:42 am

cosmicfreakout wrote:
hatedheretic wrote:

cheers

will do!

Cheers mate. beer

totally dig them. . blunt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)   

Back to top Go down

Blues Pills (classic rock throw back sound)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1